Royal works on most devices and browsers, but the functionality varies based on how you'd like to pay.
Pay with debit/credit card
When prompted, select Credit Card as your form of payment.
Continue to Stripe, enter in your card information and hit 'PURCHASE'. At this time, we only accept debit/credit card payments in USD.
After your purchase is complete, you can transfer your token to another wallet. You’ll need to do this if you want to sell your token on a third party marketplace, like OpenSea. Learn more about wallets here.
Note: Apple Pay will be supported when checking out using the Safari browser, and Google Pay will be supported when checking out using Chrome.
For a full list of supported cards, please click here.
Pay with crypto
Royal currently accepts crypto payments in USDC on Polygon. If you would like to use Polygon, follow the instructions below. If you're not familiar with Polygon, we recommend using a debit/credit card.
We understand there is overwhelming demand for this drop and some of our royal fam may be new to crypto, so here's a breakdown of what MetaMask is, how to set it up and how to buy tokens on royal with USDC on Polygon, which is our only crypto payment option available at this time.
If you would like to purchase your limited digital asset with USDC, you'll need to complete the following steps.
Step 1: Create an account on Royal.io
Pretty self explanatory, go to Royal.io and create an account.
Step 2: Connect your MetaMask & add the Polygon network
Polygon (aka Matic) is a scaling network for Ethereum-compatible blockchains. It allows users to transact with significantly less gas fees and wait times. In order to participate in royal drops with crypto, you'll need to add the Matic network to your MetaMask wallet.
Connecting your wallet
- Head to royal.io on your desktop and log into your account
- Hover over your profile pic in the top right corner and click 'Settings'
- Click 'Wallet' in the left column
- Click 'Connect' and sign the transaction
- There should now be a green dot next to where it says 'Ethereum'
- Go to https://polygonscan.com/ and click 'Add Polygon Network' at the bottom of the site
- Click 'Approve' then 'Switch Network'
- Once you complete the steps above, you should see the 'Matic Mainnet' in your MetaMask dropdown menu in the browser extension and the dot next to 'Polygon' shown on our wallets page should now be green.
For more instructions on how to install and connect MetaMask, go here.
Step 3: Purchase an asset on Royal using Polygon USDC with MetaMask
- First, you'll need to purchase a small amount of ETH (for gas fees), MATIC (for gas fees) and USDC on an exchange like Coinbase or Gemini.
- Please note that when you initiate a purchase on Coinbase or Gemini the platform uses an ACH transfer system by default. This means they can take around 7 days to actually complete your transaction and have your crypto available for transfer to your Metamask.
Once you have purchased ETH, MATIC & USDC, you need to send these currencies to your address on MetaMask.
After your ETH, MATIC, and USDC appear in MetaMask it will automatically be on the ETH Mainnet, you'll need to 'bridge' or transfer it over to the Polygon network that you added in the previous section.
- Head to https://wallet.polygon.technology/
- Click 'Polygon Bridge'
- Select Metamask
- Choose USD Coin
- Select your amount and click 'transfer'
- Repeat steps 1-5 for your MATIC as well
Once your transfer goes through, your USDC and MATIC will be on the Polygon network and you'll be able to use it when checking out on royal.io.
As a reminder, the above payment steps are only if you want to pay in crypto. We will also be accepting fiat payments via most major credit cards.
🚨 Important: You will need $MATIC in your wallet to cover gas fees in order for your purchase to be successful. 🚨