Royal works on most devices and browsers, but the functionality varies based on how you'd like to pay.
Note: Apple Pay is supported when checking out using the Safari browser, and Google Pay is supported when checking out using Chrome. For a full list of supported cards, please click here.
Pay with debit/credit card
Note: If you do not connect a MetaMask to your Royal account before you purchase, you will not be able to transfer your token to another wallet (yet, it's coming soon). Learn more here.
When prompted, select Credit Card as your form of payment.
Continue to Stripe, enter in your card information and hit 'PURCHASE'. At this time, we only accept debit/credit card payments in USD.
Check your email for instructions on how to redeem any token extras. Learn more about token extras here.
Pay with crypto
Royal currently accepts crypto payments in USDC on Polygon. If you would like to use Polygon, follow the instructions below. If you're not familiar with Polygon, we recommend using a debit/credit card.
Step 1: Create an account on Royal.io
Pretty self explanatory, go to Royal.io and create an account.
Step 2: Connect your MetaMask & add the Polygon network
💡 Polygon (aka Matic) is a scaling network for Ethereum-compatible blockchains. It allows users to transact with significantly less gas fees and wait times. In order to participate in Royal drops with crypto, you'll need to add the Matic network to your MetaMask wallet.
- Head to royal.io on your desktop and log into your account
- Hover over your profile pic in the top right corner and click 'Settings'
- Click 'Wallet' in the left column
- Click 'Connect' and sign the transaction
There should now be a green dot next to where it says 'Ethereum'
- Go to https://polygonscan.com/ and click 'Add Polygon Network' at the bottom of the site
- Click 'Approve', then 'Switch Network'
- Once you complete the steps above, you should see the 'Matic Mainnet' in your MetaMask dropdown menu in the browser extension and the dot next to 'Polygon' shown on our wallets page should now be green.
For more instructions on how to install and connect MetaMask, go here.
Step 3: Purchase an asset on Royal using Polygon USDC with MetaMask
- First, you will need to purchase MATIC from an exchange that will allow you to withdraw your MATIC on the Polygon network such as Binance US, FTX US, or Crypto.com. Make sure to purchase a small amount of MATIC more than the USD equivalent to the LDA you would like to purchase to cover gas fees on the Matic Mainnet.
- Please note when you initiate a purchase on Binance US & Crypto.com the platform uses an ACH transfer system by default. This means they can take around 7 days to actually complete your transaction and have your crypto available for transfer to your MetaMask. We highly recommend you set it up NOW to minimize any delays and use a wire transfer, which can usually complete in 1 business day.
- Once you have purchased MATIC, you need to send the MATIC to your MetaMask Polygon address that you added in the previous section.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE WITHDRAWING YOUR MATIC ON THE MATIC MAINNET
- After your MATIC appears in your MetaMask wallet, you can exchange your MATIC for the USDC equivalent of the token you plan on purchasing via the Swap button found in the MetaMask Extension.
Once your MATIC has been swapped for USDC, you'll be able to use it when checking out on royal.io. Remember to keep a small amount of MATIC in your wallet for gas fees. A handful of MATIC tokens should more than suffice for gas fees.
As a reminder, the above payment steps are only if you want to pay in crypto. We will also be accepting fiat payments via most major debit/credit cards.