Collection value, shown in your dashboard, captures Average Sale Price (ASP) on a per-tier basis. ASP is currently calculated based on the average price of all tokens sold in the past 24 hours.
- If there are no transactions in the last 24 hours, we use the trailing average over the last week.
- If there are no transactions in the last week, we use the trailing average over the last 5 sales.
- If there are less than 5 sales, we use the trailing average over last N sales, where N is the total amount of sales.
- If N = 0, we use the original list price of the token.
Many NFT projects use floor prices to calculate collection value. We do not, for the following reasons:
- Our collections have multiple tiers of tokens inside of each collection. A 'floor price' as it is represented on OpenSea will only track the lowest price of the lowest tiered token. This does not reflect the price of a Platinum or Diamond token.
- Trailing average per tier is a more accurate metric of what the market values the token at. In the future, this will also allow us to better convey the value of tokens with consumed extras vs. those with unconsumed extras.